Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fabulous Older Homes

Let's recap what's popping this month:

June 1st -- my first ever, most wonderful radio open house broadcast live on MAGIC 95.1.
 
 
I really got a lot of calls, texts and emails from the radio broadcast. Still getting a lot of wash from it and that's the point. I have listings that need to be sold, people.
 
Watch for more radio...we're going to do more with MAGIC and Z.
 
Geesh...lots of rain this year to offset the drought from last year! Farmers having a hard time getting in the fields and home sellers are having an awful time trying to keep the lawns mowed around properties.
 
The listings in SoIL are scarce and, mostly, the majority are older homes. Some in great shape but need a touch of paint.
 
Still, its a good time to lock in the deal before interest rates really zoom up.
 
For the most part I've been kept jumpin' this month trying to close a deal in Scheller with a contract I wrote in December. See? That 45 days to close your contract looks sweet now, doesn't it?
 
The Scheller deal involved a lot of survey/non-survey issues - Plat Act and Warranty Deed - ugh. I did tell you I got into this business not to do paperwork and I am not a lawyer!!
 
We closed it Monday, June 24, and the buyers and sellers couldn't be happier.
 

This is what a closing looks like. The people change and the venue changes but its always a group sitting around signing papers. This is a life event for a lot of people. One of the biggest ones; like marriage or the birth of a child. And it looks pretty much like this.

Two other closings happened in short order for me this month. A couple sold their first house on Friday and bought their second house yesterday, Wednesday. You hear a lot of about deals where the closing on the first house and the second house happen on the same day. I really tried to get this done. Had it scheduled but the second house was a short sale, and, you guessed it: one of the big banks was involved so dragged it out.

Even my best efforts couldn't get them everything they wished for. <sigh>


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment