Thursday, January 31, 2013

Call me Crazy.

January 31, 2013

618-438-1900

"Call me...maybe it's late but just call me. Call me and I'll be around"*

See...here's the deal. If you call me, I will talk to you. Ask anyone who know me. You call, I talk, we talk. If you ask me to help you, I will ask how, when, why, where, and WHO....Who the heck are you?  I am not being "sales-y" I am being me. I really want to know who is calling then we can deal with the "why" you are calling. You can just say, "It's me." Do you know how many people call me and begin by saying, "It's me."?  (But be warned: if you do this I'll be halfway into recounting my day before I realize I don't know which "me" I'm on the phone with.)

I'm finding more and more folks who call me as a "real-la-tour" ((LOL - there is a whole group discussing how they hate mispronounced words -- a form of the Grammar Police for Orals? Topic for another blog...LOL)) anyway, there is a whole breed of folks who call me for real estate and want to treat me to an active case of passive/aggression. You called me, ya Dingdong. Tell me who you are, what you want. Let's have an actual conversation and, surprise, you might find I'm an all-righty-type person.

So there ya go. Call me on my phone. It is listed right there on signs so you will call me. Hint: it is a major source of passive advertising. That sign. In the ground in front of a listing. My name and phone number are on the listing so you will call me. That doesn't mean you have to use my services as your broker but I would appeal to you to treat me with a little dose of respect, 'cuz, dahlin', your broker will have to bargain with me.

And here's the word on who to use as your very own broker. You get to choose. You are hiring a person to bargain for you. A person who you trust to get you through one of the most stressful actions of your adult life. Seller's pay the commissions in Illinois at closing.

Buyers skate. Brokers are on thin ice with buyers until there is a contract in play. I like to tell my buyers I want a commitment from them not to see other brokers while they are running around with me. ((hum "Who's that Girl?" Anne Lennox)  And this part always gets a snicker: Full disclosure? I will be running around with other buyers while I'm seeing you.

Your broker should be able to belay doubts, help you make a decision, help you understand the inspections, hold your hand, offer suggestions about bankers. Your broker should have the gift of moving financial loan officers to concrete closing dates. A good broker can make the 30 (45 - 60 days for HUD/longer for short sale) days before the closing a smooth slide into (your new) home.

It is not just glib talk. It is contracts, bargaining chips, giveandtake, deal making charm, fine lines and wrinkles, issues and non-issues, when to walk and how to walk without losing your earnest money, and getting the win/win. I like all deals to be win/win. If you want to crush the seller, you will insult them or bully them with someone other than me.

So there ya go. Call me on my phone. Text me. Let's talk about what you want, when you want it, how you plan to pay for it, and for the love of Goodness and everything Holy, tell me who you are when you dial my number. Even if you're just calling to snoop. Really.
















No comments:

Post a Comment