Saturday, February 2, 2013

New Listing!!



February 2, 2013

http://www.coldwellbankercarterville.com/316107.asp

Yay! A new listing with my name on the sign out front! Yay!

One of the things no one told me about real estate was the thrill of getting a new listing. And, yeah, you'd think I would have thought this thing through a bit better but...referring to the starting script...I did this on a bet. It was a gamble, a risk. I knew I could spin it, market it, see the trends -- but what I didn't bet on was how much I care about the homeowner I represent. That house becomes entrusted to me -- I get the first look with the critical eye and I get to learn all about what makes it tick.  I look for the flaws; I look for the charm. I never fail to see charm in little houses that were loved but have just gotten too small for growing families.

And I never fail to find something wonderful about the house when I pick up my Nikon & power up to play hide-n- seek with the spirit within, the eternal life of the dwelling, the magic that makes this house a home.

Sometimes it takes shot after shot, standing here, pointing there. Some properties take so much more time and others? Well, others spill their guts before I open the lens case. Some homes are well worn, tidy but lived in and comfortable as...well...home.

Others? Ah, the unloved and the vacant of feeling? The abandoned and the weary? Sad places where sorry things happened...I think it shows. I work extra hard with those misfits, those castoffs left to moulder and mildew, waiting for the spark of a creative mind to walk through and see the possibilities, the potential of new flooring, paint, bust out that wall and remodel this bath. I do so feel sorry for those vanquished, sorry spaces who's families vanished and time is left to vandalize.

But that's not the story of the house I listed today.

My new listing? It is a beauty. Loved and lovely, it really is priced to sell and it will go quickly. It's only flaw was it couldn't grow along with the family that loved it. So that bigger family will move on to a bigger house that they will lovingly make a home while leaving behind this little "starter" for some other owner alone or with their new plus one.







No comments:

Post a Comment