Thursday, April 11, 2013

Major Changes

Something in the air this time of year?

I'm thinking the world has gone loony-tunes and goofy this past 10 days. My mom and grandmother swore by the full moon/new moon lore: these Luna movements apply pressure to us Earthlings. Something's sure up because there has been a lot of activity in and around my life, in and around the lives of those closest to me, and indeed, if you look globally? Whoa!

As I write this SoIL is waking up to the aftermath of some very fierce and violent weather systems moving through the region yesterday and last night. So much so that The Weather Channel preempted their regular line-up to follow the Storm Chasers who were tracking the 'trough.

It was a wild weather system. Now so easily tracked by Doplar radar with flashing color-coding so we can see lightening flashes as they strike and watch the tornado debris trails in real time. Amazing, yes?

What if we could track all activity like that? What if we could track real estate markets like that? Real time, color-coded 'clouds' of systems (buyers) moving through the areas/regions. If we could do that, right now? This past 10 days since April 1, you would be seeing a remarkable flood of buyers moving into and around houses: that's realtors showing property. You'd see amazing cells or clots of color flashing points: that's realtor's giving listing presentations to prospective sellers. The market trackers...those Storm Chasers? They would have been facing a tsunami of buyers and sellers hitting our SoIL market.

Partly because last season was so hit-and-miss but partly because I think people here are tired of waiting. SoIL never "busts" and never "booms" -- we simmer. We stew. We get to a nice rolling boil sometimes but we never blow the lid off the pot.

Last year's passive/aggressive season, I believe, was caused by the 2012 Presidential Elections. After November, the waves of buyers came flooding in for a small tidal effect. And I really don't think it had anything to do with who was or wasn't running -- I truly believe people were just tired of the process, glad it was done, and now on to realtime, real family, real blood & bones issues like: we need a house to call home.

So. Yes. I do believe the national politics did slow SoIL housing markets down a bit....the temperature dialed down a bit on the crockpot which is this part of the world which sits between the Ohio and the Mighty Mississippi.

Then we burbled along through the rest of  winter with the holidays, January slugginess and February's "S/HelovesmeS/Helovesmenot" Valentine's Season. (I like Valentine's Day but it stresses some folks out of their skulls!)

March Madness! Why, oh, why do you think it is such a big deal? Other than the actual love of the game? Because it falls in March!! People are sooooo ready for something to cheer, something to focus some energy upon! ((something to bet on!! -- oops! That's just the gambler talkin'))

Now into April, right after an early Easter and the "BOOM" the race is now ON.

Which is good for me. I am good with time management and I love the pace of "frenzy" -- yep, that's why I loved radio/broadcast news.  We were live and in-the-moment. No take-backs or do-overs when you are live, live, live. ((if you haven't checked out HBO's Broadcast News with Jeff Daniels, please do if you really want to see what radio news was sorta/kinda like))

This morning I intentionally left myself some free time so I could blog. Yeah, how cool is that? When I'm having me time I'm spending talking to you!! That special time we need together to bond...just me an my blog followers.

 <sigh> If we could only cuddle.

((I truly need a sarcasm font))





























No comments:

Post a Comment