Thursday, April 4, 2013

No April Foolin'

Hippity-hop that big bunny is done with for another year! So - the phone explodes Easter Monday. Everyone really had been waiting until after Easter to call about some piece of property.

This is good. Real good news for me...for buyers and sellers, too, if they do listen to the wise ol' real estate lady. Or me, which ever one works for you.

And, we've been over this before: the real estate lady (or gent) works for the client. Not the big fancy logo on their business card. Mother Ship (the brand) and local shop (franchisee) both take a cut of my "split" of the commission. These are part of the fees (rents) I pay to work in that shop ((think of this as a hairdresser renting a chair at Vidal Sassoon)).

Commissions are split between the realtors of the buyer and the seller. Then those are split in the shop were you hang your license.

My client is my skin in the game.  I get paid when the deal closes and you hop on down the trail with either the new home of your dreams or the lucky stiff who unloaded one.

The big point of today's essay is this:

The starting whistle has blown. The season is here and the lookers have begun in earnest. One thing I need to keep repeating:  inventories are waaaay down. Which means more buyers than lookers. Houses still have to be priced competitively and sellers will still negotiate the list price. BUT. Buyers? When you find a suitable house, bid on it. If you wait chances are you will lose the house to another buyer. Period. Game over. Start over looking.

This happened several times with my buyers last year. Some of the same buyers came back to me in January and February to start looking.

This time they are a lot proactive with bidding. You do not have to settle for something you hate. You do have to see the possibility of changing something to fit your needs or spending more.

Either way: I predict real estate will keep me hoppin' for the next few months.






No comments:

Post a Comment